[OT]h.264 alternatives

Mark Talluto mark at canelasoftware.com
Mon Jul 24 17:52:24 EDT 2017

On Jul 24, 2017, at 8:42 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> Tiemo Hollmann wrote:
>
> > Richard wrote:
> >>
> >> I thought that was remedied with LC's new player object for Windows,
> >> no?
> >
> > No, the "new" player object is based on the old windows API :(
>
> @LC Team:  Is that correct?  DirectShow is pretty old.  When will the update of the Win player object be completed to include modern APIs?

There is a lot of interesting discussion on the topic of DirectShow vs Media Foundation (new API). This link is only one of many. They all conclude pretty much the same thing.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33539683/what-is-the-status-of-microsoft-media-foundation <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33539683/what-is-the-status-of-microsoft-media-foundation>

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io <http://livecloud.io/>