64 Bit iOS Apps

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Jul 24 12:36:58 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-24 17:16, Todd Fabacher via use-livecode wrote:
> Apple - "When Apple launches iOS 11 in September, the company will drop
> support for old 32-bit applications"
>
> We have some apps still on LiveCode version 7.14. Is this ONLY 32 bit
> or is
> it 64Bit? Will the App die if my users upgrade to iOS 11?

ARM64 support for iOS was added in LiveCode 7.0.2 and 6.7.2.

So *hopefully* all should be well for your existing apps.

However, as with all upgrades to iOS we strongly recommend you
explicitly test you apps in iOS 11 to make sure there are not other
problems caused by changes Apple may have made in that release.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps