SE Gutter better scroll tracking [Bugfix-20140]

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 23 15:00:22 EDT 2017

On 7/23/17 12:14 PM, Bob Hall via use-livecode wrote:

>> On Jul 23, 2017, at 12:40 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Does this fix also handle the misalignment after editing a script?
>>

> Not sure exactly what the misalignment is that you’re referring to. If it's the issue in the “Ethereal Breakpoints” thread then no. If not, point me to the bug report or thread with what the issue is and I’ll put it on my radar screen while I’m poking around in the breakpoint code.
>
> This fix strictly handles the delayed scrolling of the gutter especially when you drag the scroll bar.

I couldn't find a bug report, but the issue that bothers me more than a
timing delay is how existing breakpoints migrate to a completely
different line after a script edit. Suppose I add a line of code at some
point above a red dot breakpoint. Sometimes it works, moving the red dot
down one line. Other times it moves the dot a random number of lines
below where it should be, sometimes quite far away.

Since I don't have a repeatable recipe, I haven't reported it. This has
been going on for a long time, it isn't a new problem. I'm in the habit
now of removing existing breakpoints before any edit.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com