AW: AW: [OT]h.264 alternatives

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Jul 21 04:45:40 EDT 2017

Hi Richard,
I also was looking for a cross-platform compatible codec a year ago and
wondered why it was still so complicated.  On the first sight I didn't found
any codec, which is available by standard on both platforms. I stopped my
further investigations after I found the LAV-filters solution for the h.264
codec.
But I wonder, which codec youtube converts all videos into or other
platforms are using so that their videos are almost always compatible with
all platforms. There must be any cross-platform codec or the browser video
players bring all available codecs with them, but they are not available
outside of the web player as in LC.
Tiemo