Swipe transitions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 19 17:17:02 EDT 2017

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > On 7/19/17 2:10 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >> But that would only take care of the swipe of the current card.
 >> We'd also need some way to assign the destination card for each
 >> swipe direction.
 >>
 >> What should that syntax look like, and how do we discern swipe events
 >> from others on controls within the card?
 >
 > lock screen for swipe effect
 > switch pDir
 >   case "left"
 >   case "right"
 >   case "up"
 >   case "down"
 > end switch
 > unlock screen with swipe effect pDir

Well done. I like the simplicity of that.

I think I was originally over-thinking it, about options for specifying
snap-back thresholds and more.  But there's enough consistency these
days to decide on good defaults and just run with those.

@LC Team: Can we have that next Tuesday please?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems