Swipe transitions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 19 15:10:18 EDT 2017

The deeper I get into mobile design the more it becomes clear that true
swipe transitions are somnething users expect, and by extension
something new developers would expect to be supported.

Having used LC a long time, I can come up with all sorts of ways of
crating groups for this, but that's a lot of work for newcomers,
something of a turn-off.

What is the smallest number of language elements needed to implement
swipe transitions?

I can imagine at a minimum needing something like a card property called
the swipeDirections, which can include either left and/or right, or up
and/or down, or all four, or none.

But that would only take care of the swipe of the current card.  We'd
also need some way to assign the destination card for each swipe direction.

What should that syntax look like, and how do we discern swipe events
from others on controls within the card?  How is that distinction made
in Java/Swift apps?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems