Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Jul 19 13:04:39 EDT 2017

On 07/19/2017 09:55 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:

> However, in context of my post - I was more talking about 'not being
> able to see the problem with the idea of putting the backdrop on by
> default for first-run users to ensure that the tutorials are as easy to
> follow as possible and thus ensure they get the best experience' which
> seemed to the 'problem' at that point...

OK - got it.
I think A/B testing is a worthwhile goal, and I think first-run backdrop
initialization may well turn out to be a good idea (with a *very*
visible button to disable/enable it on the welcome screen).

But please don't do this sort of feature testing in rc builds.
Whatever happened to dp releases anyway?

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com