Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Jul 19 12:55:04 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-19 18:50, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> On 07/19/2017 04:49 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> I'm honestly struggling to understand the problem here
>
> Do this on linux:
> (might be a good idea to have a terminal window running already)
> (especially on a second monitor)
>
> install rc2
> launch a virgin installation of rc2
> see the backdrop take over the screen
> quit the IDE
>
> launch LC (any version) again

Right - yes - we identified that was a problem (one we didn't intend) -
and that was commented on many many posts ago :)

However, in context of my post - I was more talking about 'not being
able to see the problem with the idea of putting the backdrop on by
default for first-run users to ensure that the tutorials are as easy to
follow as possible and thus ensure they get the best experience' which
seemed to the 'problem' at that point...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps