Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 07:40:32 EDT 2017

On 7/19/17 2:32 pm, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> On 2017-07-19 13:25, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
>> "the question is this:"
>>
>> How many new users of LiveCode are actually "brand new" in the sense
>> that they have NO computer programming
>> experience at all?
>
> A significant enough percentage to make it worthwhile a vector to
> consider.

How many of those brand new users are going to start teaching themselves
LiveCode at home, and how many are going
to go through a guided course in LiveCode in some kind of classroom setting?

In the latter case I jalouse decisions about whether to use a backdrop
and so on would be taken by the instructor rather than left to the
pupils/students.

For instance, on ALL the computers in my school I have the textSize in
the scriptEditor jacked up to 18 using Charcoal.ttf on Macs and Ubuntu
Bold.ttf on
Xubuntu, and with the "classic" colourisation.

The biggish, bold font in the scriptEditor is useful (for me) in that I
can sit in the middle of a room with computers lining the walls
and talk to indvidual kids about their scripting without shifting my b**
too much.

Richmond.