Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Jul 19 00:10:16 EDT 2017

On 07/18/2017 08:55 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:

>> On 19 Jul 2017, at 1:42 pm, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yep. LiveCode (any version) is now completely unusable for me.
>
> Completely unusable might be overstating things a touch don’t you think? There is a menu to remove the backdrop (View > Backdrop). Looking at the PR it was meant to only set the backdrop if users were still in the first run mode of the start center. We will need to investigate why it has impacted others.

Nothing but a backdrop. Takes over the screen. Everything else is hidden
behind the gray featureless backdrop. I had to alt-tab to a terminal
window (what if I didn't have one already running?) in order to kill -9
livecode.

And that means that there's no way to access the menu to undo the
damage. I had to remove my preferences files (which incidentally grew by
a couple of orders of magnitude) and recreate them.

No. I don't think that's overstating things *a touch*

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com