Bug 20117: new rc2 sets a backdrop, and preferences for same

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 19:37:42 EDT 2017

I haven't seen this type of user abuse since StarOffice 4 . . .

Opening 8.1.6-rc2 turns on a backdrop. (Mac Sierra)

Even worse, it sets a default so that launching RC1 has that backdrop.

It took me a while to figure out what the evil sheet over my desktop was .
. .

(staroffice 4 bit into that "take over the whole screen, and *we* are the
windowing authority.  I stayed with 3 until 5 came out . . .)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462