Help Testing Small Script Editor Enhancement

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 16 15:37:11 EDT 2017

On 7/16/17 2:11 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
> On 07/16/2017 08:47 AM, Bob Hall via use-livecode wrote:
>> The enhancement is for MacOS Users enabling control+tab to cycle the
>> tabs in the script editor (command-tab is OS reserved on MacOS). I’m
>> not going to go into how to apply the fix but this should be attempted
>> only by more advanced users. The code works on 9.0.0dp8 ONLY. Some
>> re-factoring of the SE has gone on so this fix is for 9dp8 only.
>>
>> You can see my proposed changes on Github at:
>> https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/compare/develop...bhall2001:bugfix/20096?expand=1
>> <https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/compare/develop...bhall2001:bugfix/20096?expand=1>
>>

> Work fine here after patching LC9dp8.
> Linux Mint 17.2 cinnamon (control-tab to cycle)

This is going to totally screw up a macro I've been using for 15+ years.
I know I'm a voice in the wilderness but if this gets officially
implemented I hope there's an option to turn it off, or supply your own
key combination.

I use control-tab to switch between edit and browse mode because the
built-in combo is impossible for me to reach comfortably. You can
imagine how ingrained that is by now. Please give us some control over
the behavior.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com