Header Widget troubles and orientationchange examples?

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Tue Jul 11 12:42:07 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I am trying to do some simple navigation with the header widget.

on mouseUp

local tActionName

put the mouseAction of me into tActionName

--if tActionName is not empty then
-- Execute script triggered by the given action

if tActionName is "back" then

go prev card

else

if tActionName is  “next" then

go next card

end if

end if

end mouseUp

I have changed the action name to Back and Next. However Back works fine, but Next does not. If i reset the action to “new item” the next button then works.

This doesn’t see quite right. Also, why does it not display the label “Next” near the icon like it does for “Back?” Is that because the widget was made to not show labels on additional icons?

I am also getting weird results for orientation changes . I am trying to get the header to stay at the top of the window, however on my resize command it appears to only work some of the times. Is there an example of floating around that shows a header widget updating it’s location after each rotation of the device?

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD