[ANN] Release 8.1.6 RC-1

panagiotis merakos panos.merakos at livecode.com
Tue Jul 11 10:54:34 EDT 2017

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 8.1.6 RC-1.

Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.

Release Contents
================

LiveCode 8.1.6 RC-1 contains 32 bug fixes, new features, as well as
security and stability improvements:

- A couple of crashes have been fixed.
- New version of tsNet (1.2.10) that addresses various network-related bugs
is included.
- The flow in the interactive tutorials has been improved.

A new feature in the script editor has been added, this is the ability to
choose from a list of default handlers to add to the object script.

Objects no longer have default scripts that appear in the script editor
when their empty scripts are edited. Instead, all the associated message
handlers for the object type now appear in a list underneath the list of
handlers that are present in the script. When clicked, these lines add the
selected default handler to the end of the current script.

The full release notes are available from:
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/8_1_6/LiveCodeNotes-8_1_6_rc_1.pdf

Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team