debugging a CEF browser instance

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 04:59:13 EDT 2017

Hi Mark,

I suspect this is the problem. Is there a list of things which the LC
embedded browser forbids? Is there an explanation of the rationale for the
embedded browser to behave differently from a default browser?

This should be noted in the Dictionary, perhaps in the top entry
of: com.livecode.widget.browser.  Those who try Livecode for the first time
and discover that the browser widget "doesn't work reliably" (which is how
it appeared to me) may simply give up on Livecode.  Indeed, it might be
better if a warning appears when a page attempts to do something that has
been restricted (assuming the browser widget throws an exception when such
things happen).

Regards
Bernard

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <