Biased testing and micro-coaching

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jul 8 00:36:58 EDT 2017

Your testers can be remote, assuming you get "live wires"  who will dedicate time to testing/ communications

I always invite them to SLACK asap so they feel they can contact me any time and then we jump into appear.in  video rooms.

I just exited 2 hours of meetings with one young mom, her daughter and two teen agers.

Obvious things like "Will we be able to still listen to the audio if we do other stuff on our phone?" (doable on iOS, not on android?)

and "if we return to the same audio from the history, can we start up where we left off? (easy one, current time of mobile player is easily save to the ""Journal")

duh

or  the hard ones:

"I think your openings screen rows (links to content) are too big… can we make the smaller young users won't want to scroll all over the place." (why hard? stack holders fascination prioritizing graphics over UX efficiency, those are the hard ones)

and yes, there is no substitute for face-to-face… but you can do that on line so easily now.

testing our app: sure: go here:

git at github.com:Himalayan-Academy/Siva-Siva-App.git

pull the nightly branch.

if you "don't do git" then send me your UDID (off list)

OR if you are on android then super easy: open this page on your phone and click the link to download the PKG

http://dev.himalayanacademy.com/looklisten/apps/sivasiva/

Though LC performance on Android is quite bad on some devices. I have some man with a Blackberry running 3 GB ram, with some super process and plenty of HD space. but he complains it is slow… but my more "under powered" Nexus 5 Runs the app quite well.

I am also interested in your Augmented Earth project… but I can't get past the log in screen…