Google Static Maps Demo Available

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu Jul 6 22:20:36 EDT 2017

On 07/06/2017 05:31 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode wrote:
> Folks:
> Thanks to help from Hermann, I am sharing a demo stack that accesses the Google Static Maps API to display maps. This API allows me to display a terrain map, and determine the lat/lon values of any point on the map, I will take a snapshot of the map image and draw symbols on it that will represent geophysical data.
>
> You can download the demo at:
> http://earthlearningsolutions.org/google-static-maps-demo/ <http://earthlearningsolutions.org/google-static-maps-demo/>

Well... erm... not quite sure what I've got going on here.

I picked up an api key from Google, but I couldn't paste it into the
text field. And I couldn't enter more than one character manually. I
finally brought up the property editor a couple of times until I could
get rid of the single character and then type the api key into the field
one character at a time. That seemed to work.

Went out of edit mode and tried to click on the map. That triggered a
script error, so I figured it needed to do some setup stuff (loading
libraries, etc) with the api key in place. I saved the stack and quit
and reloaded the IDE. I launched the stack again and clicked the 'load
map' button. That triggered a series of errors to the point where I
finally had to disable messages and shut it all down.

Obviously I'm missing out on something, but I'm not sure what.
But it looks like a promising app.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com