OT Re: synonyms

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 06:06:40 EDT 2017

My ancient Quaker father-in-law (now deceased) never gave them up.

His first utterance to me was “What has thou done with Liss?” - a question I was none to keen on answering (‘Liss'= his daughter)

His language took a little getting used to, but after a while I barely noticed, except to enjoy it.

Cheers,

David Glasgow