Recursion limit

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jul 4 05:46:11 EDT 2017

If the mouseDown handler calls the mouseUp again, then it's a type of
recursion. You can avoid that by sending the mouseDown after the mouseUp
has ended :

if STOPP = 0 then
send "mouseDown"  to btn "GO2" in 0
end if

(I wonder why your scripts lose all the spaces when they pass through the
list?)

> How can one know how high one can set the recursionLimit before smoke,
> sparks and flames are going to start leaping out of the back of the computer?

Usually there's no fire. LC just shuts down suddenly and you lose all your
work. After that, you set the computer on fire yourself. Ergo, the warning
and intercept.

On July 4, 2017 3:01:37 AM Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com