Mobile Check Bandwidth Function

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 3 16:50:43 EDT 2017

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > On 07/03/2017 09:35 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >
 >> "reachability"?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  I'd love to hear the
 >> backstory on that name choice.  It has the scent of things like
 >> "srcBic", adopted from the arbitrary choices of neckbeards who
 >> define OS APIs.  Maybe there's an API for iOS called
 >> NSReachabilityChanged.
 >
 > Well, you've got Apple to blame for that one.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/samplecode/Reachability/Introduction/Intro.html

Did I call or it did I call it? :)  Seems my nose for nomenclature has
gotten pretty good over the decades.  Like bears with sandwiches, I can
smell an Apple API name at 400 yards. :)

 >> And iOS only?  What do we do for the other 80% of the world?
 >
 > Android:

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/ConnectivityManager.html

I figured there was a parallel API for Android.  I guess my question was
when we might see feature completion on the script access for that in LC.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems