Delete element from array

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 27 14:19:59 EST 2017

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

 >> What is "the other way?"
 >>
 >> I almost never click anything other than results from the search
 >> list. I open the Dict window, type my query, review the results.
 >>
 >> What would we do to improve this?
 >
 > In 7, you can click on the side to narrow, but the default is "all"
 >
 > In 8, it's a pull-down button, and as near as I can tell, there is
 > nothing resembling "all"
 >
 > 7 could also filter to sub levels by clicking the triangles for the
 > subcategories.

I see, thanks.

Aooarently the filters act as toggles.  When you select one a button
with that name appears, which can later be clicked to remove it.  So
after applying filters, removing all of them will return to "all".

LiveCode is a pretty good toolkit for building UIs.  In my experience
far less work for desktop GUUs than using HTML/CSS.

Maybe we can use LC to make a great Dictionary UI?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems