8.1.3 (RC1) Invoking Script Editor Failing Everywhere

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 27 12:30:36 EST 2017

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > ...no odd open stack or preopenstack handlers that would do weird
 > things, but if it is in my plugins folder 8.1.3 "dies in chaos"
 > take it out, put in others (like your 4thworld ones andsome of
 > Scotts) it works just fine.

Sorry to hear that.  Would be interested to know if the problem is
related to an unpassed message handled in a frontScript.

 > I sent the stack in with the bug report.

Report #/URL?

 > lead me to the question: we know here that some legacy documents that
 > were, for example created in Quark Express, then exported to InDesign
 > then used as templates over several years.. will gradually become
 > corrupt in mysterious ways are indiscernable to the user… presumably
 > at some binary level that does not actually cause the program to
 > crash but enough to cause a lot of trouble
 >
 > could the same be with old, old, old LC stacks?

In rare and obscure (hard to reproduce) ways, it's possible.  I may have
seen it once or twice over the years, perhaps most recently (a couple
years ago) with some field contents.

Moving one file format change to the next I've never seen an issue.  But
the couple times I might have seem something related to format
conversion differences ("might" because unconfirmed) it was when moving
something into a new format from three or four format changes earlier.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems