Run processes/effects simultaneously with a visual effect ?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Jan 26 22:28:16 EST 2017

Ha! Klaus.. Jai Ganesha! Awesome this works (yet to test on mobile)

on mouseUp

  	set the effectrate to 500

   lock screen for visual effect

   put the long Id of image "stone" into pHiddenImage
   put the long Id of image "night" into pVisibleImage

   show tHiddenImage
   hide tVisibleImage

   unlock screen with visual effect dissolve very slowly

end mouseUp

so we can set up a "command crossFade pImg1, pImg2" in a library and pass the long ID's to it

command crossFade pHiddenImage,pVisibleImage

set the effectrate to 500

lock screen for visual effect
show pHiddenImage
hide pVisibleImage

unlock screen with visual effect dissolve very slowly

end crossFade

let me see how much trouble this gets me into ☺  while trying to do other things before and after the fade…

Brahmanathaswami

Klaus major- wrote:

    Yes, visual effects are in fact blocking unfortunately!

    But maybe you can use something like:
    set the effectrate to 500
    lock screen for visual effect
    show image "burger"
    hide image "shot"
    unlock screen with visual effect dissolve very slowly
    ?