use-livecode Digest, Vol 160, Issue 48

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jan 25 22:16:51 EST 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Peter Thirkell via use-livecode <

> Thanks Trevor for a very informative posting. It deserves a wider audience
> as well, perhaps on the Livecode Forum?
>
> I have been wondering about the move to script-only stacks as well, so
> this is timely advice. In terms of the application framework that you
> mention - Levure - does this essentially replace your  use of the GLX
> framework?

 Yes, Levure will replace the GLX App Framework going forward. The
framework supports “helpers” which are folders containing stacks,
extensions, or externals that add functionality to an app. I extracted a
number of features from the GLX App framework, updated them, and turned
them into helpers that are included in the download. You can see them here:

https://github.com/trevordevore/levure/tree/master/framework/helpers

There is still some documentation work to do before inviting a large
audience to take a look at it. The README contains the notes I made while
designing the framework but leaves much to be desired. Of course if anyone
wants to jump in and do code reviews or otherwise contribute that would be
very helpful.

--
Trevor DeVore
Outcome & ScreenSteps