set the menubar activates in-window menu on mac

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 25 14:25:49 EST 2017

On 1/24/17 6:50 PM, Dr. Hawkins via use-livecode wrote:
> set the menubar of stack st to stMen
>
> This causes a X-style menu to appear in the stack window, not what I was
> aiming for . . .
>
> According to the dictionary, this should simply set the menu, not override.

If the menu should be available to all stacks (on OS X) then you should
set the defaultMenubar.

If the menu should only be available to a single stack, set the menubar
as you are doing now, and set the editMenus of the stack to false. This
will cause the stack to truncate slightly as it scrolls up to hide the
menu group.

An alternate approach is to simply set the menubar of the stack to a
hidden menu group. That way no scrolling occurs.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com