How to lose your work in a couple of clicks (dirty flag)

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Jan 24 15:57:13 EST 2017

I see this as a departure from other SW. I read "Don’t save" as "Don't save now" not as "Don't save ever". I just made my first non-mobile standalone(since 2012) just the other day. And I was surprised to see the stack get closed and get re-opened as JLG documented. At the time I thought the IDE went crazy but every other desktop build did the same thing and I said to myself "Hmmm, that's interesting...". Stacks don't get closed on mobile builds. Maybe that is why I was confused.

>Workflow question: under what circumstances do you find it useful to build a standalone that doesn't reflect the >current state of the stack?

I see your point Richard and can’t come up with a very useful scenario, but one could click the wrong button whilst in the middle of a hot-fix panic. I call this (and any time you have fat fingers) a "Hot Key Nightmare". Maybe the "Don't save" button should read "Don't ever save" or eliminate the "Don’t Save" option completely.

If this is the way it is then so be it. But at minimum I think that LC should either remove the "Don’t save" option or present an additional warning to the user so newbies don't get bit and the more experienced user gets a chance to reverse a "Hot Key Nightmare" so work(and time) is not lost.

2 cents...

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services