Boring but important - selling a download product for Windows

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Jan 23 12:35:53 EST 2017

Thanks Tom, all good advice, most of which I am following, although I am starting with the zipped version of the installer (made with innoSetup and code signed). The trouble with trying to ignore Norton is that it’s used a lot, and for those that have it installed, the instructions to reach “download it anyway” are messy. But I take your point, and maybe we should just go back to the basic installer. I’ll see how it goes.

I suppose the sad part of all this is, like many LiveCoders, I am happy with program design, coding and testing, after many years in many different environments, but I find these deployment issues a massive diversion. Payment systems are another one of these - I say this because I got caught with the demise of Kagi.

Well, it’s all educational, and next time I suppose it won't seem so terrible.

Graham