Documentation on Dispatch

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Mon Jan 16 13:45:50 EST 2017

At 6:56 PM +0000 1/13/2017, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
>But I found this in a script from an associate:
>
>setprop portal_RowNames [headerName] rowNames
>
>and it compilesŠ the first param is a variable inside square braces.
>
>Not sure it this is some LC magic or just this programmer's "style"

It's a custom property in a custom property set.
(The property is "headerName", in the custom
property set "portal_RowNames".) The notation
lets you use custom properties in sets without
having to switch to the set first.

If you search the user guide for "Custom property
sets and setProp handlers", a short description
will turn up.