setProp does not fire break?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Jan 13 15:08:41 EST 2017

I'm trying to understand some code done for us that was not documented.

We are using a lot of text only *.livecodescripts  and working with a  frame work that is more of an MVC model where we try to keep our binary stacks as free of code as possible i.e. they serve as views and then we call behaviors and start using libs: This seems to be the direction that the whole LC frame work has moved toward. And it certainly does make for cool collaboration on Git with text only stacks being easily diff'ed and conflict resolved (Yes! I actually have learned to just GIT  just a bit)  But it comes with many caveats

Normally I can start to understand things pretty well by just setting break points here and there and studying the variables/values being instantiated all the way.. hitting cmd-I to step thru and that's my learning curve on this undocumented code.

We have this behavior… which I know for sure is being called on start up...

setprop portal_RowNames [headerName] rowNames
answer "Hello" with "OK"
break
replace comma with CR in rowNames

### more code here

end portal_RowNames

If I comment out this set prop handler… the expected views fail. ergo we know for sure that it is being called. because it is assigned the group of objects (the "view") on card 1 of the stack

But if I add the "answer" and "break" to the handler, these never fire. Everything works, apparently and the setProp is called and does it's job

Why not?

BR