Android Keyboard Activation Issue

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Fri Jan 13 06:47:44 EST 2017

Hmm - Dan both Andrew and I appear to create native inputs on opening the
card so that when the user touches the native control it's ready to go. You
appear to create the native control at the same time the user touches the
underneath field? (or maybe you have a round-rect graphic or similar that
the user clicks on?).

Do you get the same need for a double-touch if a user comes back to a native
control a second time (i.e. when it has already been created)? Perhaps
experiment with creating the native control first and then use it once it's
been fully instantiated?

BTW my wording earlier when I was talking about having an issue on Android
with "the keyboard sliding out" was sloppy - I was trying to say the issue
was around getting the keyboard to slide out of the way i.e. at the end of
the editing process...

Good luck!

Dave

PS: do you have any LiveCode fields on the card with traversalOn set to true
that may be 'holding on' to focus  and thus requiring the double-touch?

-----
Peter M. Brigham