AW: I need help with UTF-8

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Jan 13 03:57:34 EST 2017

Hi Kay C,

I have checked the db data directly with phpMyAdmin and additionally with a
LC Client connected to my db.
Both show, that the Umlaute are correct, when having written it directly to
the db from a LC field input, but are corrupted, when having written it
first to a local file and then read it from the file and written it to the
MySQL.

The PHP and MySQL part was made by a third party and my knowledge is very
limited to this part. I can see that the db field is coded in
"utf8_general_ci" but in the PHP I don't find any differentiation between
Windows and Mac.

The db Client is my LC program. I am not aware of having set the LC program
to any charset (though it is pretty old and complex). How could I set the
client to a special charset? What syntax could I search for?

Thank you

Tiemo