Android Keyboard Activation Issue

Livecode XAC lc-developer at xpertassist.com
Thu Jan 12 17:37:59 EST 2017

Dave,

Thank you for your response.  I'm not using multi-line text box, so that is
not an issue.

I'm currently using this command in the OpenCard to activate the field:
    send "touchStart" to fld "ExerValue" on this card in 100 milliseconds

This creates the native text input box, but doesn't bring up the keyboard.
The color of the text box changes to the color defined in the native text
box, but when you touch it a second time Android puts a orange highlight on
the text box and brings up the keyboard.  So it goes from the field not
being focused to having focus.

I also added the on keyboardDeactivated handler to the card, but that didn't
resolve the issue.

I also tried put the following in the Native Text Box Create handler.
   if tOsType = "android" then
      send "touchStart" to me in 300 milliseconds
   end if

This just resulted in the field blinking on and off and the keyboard never
coming up.  I think it was creating the Native control handler over and
over.  I need a way to send focus to the Native Control.  I have the
following at the end of my create function.

  mobileControlDo pName, "focus"             -- pName is the passed name of
the control

This doesn't do anything in Android.

Any other suggestions??????

Thanks