Android Keyboard Activation Issue

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Thu Jan 12 13:20:35 EST 2017

Hi Dan - is your native control multi-line? If so the dictionary says
mobileControlDo multi-line text input specific actions are for iOS only.

I use a 'send' command to create native controls in the openCard handler in
500ms which works in iOS and Android. When I have more than on native input
on a card I make use of: inputFocus, mobileControlTarget, inputBeginEditing
etc.

Also I've had a problem with getting the keyboard to slide out on Android
without an extra tap so I use the following in the keyboardDeactivated
message

     if isAndroid() then
          focus on fld "fldInput1"
          focus on nothing
     end if

So it just may be that if you check exactly where the focus is before the
keyboard appears that you can cut out your extra tap...

-----
Peter M. Brigham