Android Keyboard Activation Issue

andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com andrew at midwestcoastmedia.com
Thu Jan 12 11:47:58 EST 2017

Here is a card script I'm currently using that seems to work in an
iOS/Android app I have now:

on preOpenCard
       inputCreateTsm
end preOpenCard

on inputCreateTSM
    put the rect of graphic "tsmRectangle" into tThisRect
    # do some math to visually accommodate a roundedRect with innerShadow
    add 15 to item 1 of tThisRect
    subtract 10 from item 3 of tThisRect
    mobileControlCreate "input", "TSMinput"
    mobileControlSet "TSMinput", "rect", tThisRect
    mobileControlSet "TSMinput", "text", line 1 of gCurrentPrefs
    mobileControlSet "TSMinput", "keyboardType", "number"
    mobileControlSet "TSMinput", "fontSize", 21
    mobileControlSet "TSMinput", "fontName", "Roboto Light" -- iOS only
    mobileControlSet "TSMinput", "textAlign", "center"
    mobileControlSet "TSMinput", "visible", true
    # make sure the field has focus, which activates the keyboard
    mobileControlDo "TSMinput", "focus"
end inputCreateTSM

on closeCard
    # delete the native text input