CTD Possible Cause

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Jan 9 13:10:02 EST 2017

Hi all.

I have been haunted by an off Crash To Desktop issue when working with data grids. I think I have isolated the circumstances under which it is happening, but I wanted to run this by the list in case anyone else was seeing it.

First, I have a datagrid that contains a lot of records, about 850 customer records. I also have an object, a group of controls I call a FindBar. When a user types some text into the findbar field, the datagrid will be populated with matching records. Before I repopulate the datagrid however, I save the prior dgData array in a property of the stack.

Now a user can click the Cancel button and the datagrid will be populated with the saved data and selection. All is well. But if a user clicks the record in the datagrid and launches the selectionChanged handler, the datagrid will send a mouseUp to the Cancel button to first populate the datagrid with the old data, but will then select the newly found record instead.

So the thing is, if I use the cancel button, all is well, but if the Datagrid sends mouseUp to the cancel button, I get the CTD. I created a NEW button and populated the datagrid with the saved data, also no problem. The ONLY DIFFERENCE is that in the CTD scenario, the datagrid is RUNNING A SCRIPT! Could that be the problem? If the datagrid is running a SelectionChanged handler and then calls another script which resets the datagrid data, could that be causing some kind of unwanted interaction between the data grid script and the behavior script?

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has seen anything like this, I'd like to know. I can probably work around it by sending in time or something.

Bob S