LC Server & Server Based Stack?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sun Jan 8 17:51:06 EST 2017

On 1/8/17 12:12 PM, Stephen Barncard via use-livecode wrote:
> stacks are great with LC server. For instance, one can use custom
> properties and libraries just by 'start using' that stack.
>
> I'm not sure about fields but I think they are accessible too.
>
> And one can test and edit everything 'on the ground' first.

This is my preferred method by far, at least for what I do. My
"index.lc" landing page looks like this:

<?lc
-- respond to pingdom.com bot without launching system -- PD 20161102
if "pingdom.com" is in $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"] then
     exit to top
end if

set the errormode to "inline"

-- use lib folder as the default folder
put url ("file:/home/myaccount/myproject/config/libfolder") into tLibFolder
set the defaultFolder to tLibFolder

try -- let the stack script respond to the request
     start using stack "projectname.livecode"
catch tErr -- error messages from 'throw' commands
     put "ERROR:" & CR before tErr
     replace CR with "<br>" in tErr
     put tErr
end try
?>

Then the "projectname.livecode" library stack put other stacks into use
depending on the nature of the request, and together they do absolutely
everything. (They merge data into pre-made HTML pages and serve them,
but also keep track of training accounts, titles, licensing, training
sessions, you name it.)

Names have been changed to protect the innocent. ("Dragnet" music plays
in background)

Phil Davis

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Rick Harrison via use-livecode <
>
>> I’m trying to find out if anyone has ever
>> gotten a LC server to successfully interact
>> with a LC Stack running on the same server
>> such that one can read and write information
>> to fields on such a stack.
>>

> --
> Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
> mixstream.org