Buildling Standalone for Mac on 8.1.2 - Can't Copy Icons/Resources/Inclusions

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sat Jan 7 17:01:24 EST 2017

We are facing an old bug in various stacks. Some are very old stacks that have moved forward over time from as far back as 5.*  with standalone builder (SAB) settings revised along the way until we are up to Sierra and LC 8.1.2 where attempts to make a standalone fail due to an old bug where the standalone builder cannot copy icons.

to make matters more challenging SAB's  final error message cannot be save for pasting here.

we get a dialog with errors looking like this

241.1405,1 revCopyIcons
also errors relation to revCopyResources,revStandaloneCopyIncludes, revSaveAsMacStandalone

etc.

I'm only assuming that it is a problem with icons. Deleting the internal SA custom prop from the stack and re-saving does not help.

Meanwhile some other simple stacks *do* build without issues.  to make things even more mysterious. We passed a copy from a Windows machine where the SA build was done for Mac… on a Surface machine… andpull this down to a Mac… Switching to 64 bit "experimental " worked earlier the morning, and then later in the day, failed.

There is *no* way to debug this… any ideas?

Svasti Astu, Be Well
Brahmanathaswami
www.himalayanacademy.com