TS Net for Indy vs Business

Heather Laine heather at livecode.com
Fri Jan 6 07:49:37 EST 2017

"A bit like devs are being milked" seems a somewhat extraordinary statement. LiveCode is a business, with expenses and a stable of highly skilled and valuable developers. Which of them would you like us to fire? We need to pay for LiveCode's development so that all of the users in the community can continue to use it, receive new features and develop their apps. If you want features for free, LiveCode Community is Open Source. Here is the link to github:

https://github.com/livecode/ <https://github.com/livecode/>

We welcome all the coding assistance you can give us. The reality is that the overwhelming majority of the work is still done by our in-house team, and the majority of the work we do goes into all editions including open source.

The new tsNet features are great. They do not take anything away from Community, which still has liburl as it always did. They were costly to develop and license and will now require maintenance from our team. Some are in Indy and some are in Business, where we can receive the appropriate level of remuneration for them, allowing us to retain our extremely valuable team and bring you the best LiveCode we can.

Warm Regards and Happy New Year!

Heather

Heather Laine
Customer Services Manager