Jumping cursors

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:33:57 EST 2017

Hey-Ho: more fun with my endless Devawriter Pro (Grantha Samyuktaksharas
for those who
care about that sort of thing).

So, I have a line of code that says this:

set the text of the selectedText to numToCodePoint(0xFF001)

and it does do what it is meant to do; i.e. pops character 0xFF001 at
the end of the line in my
text entry field, but I really want the cursor to end up after that
character not in front of it

"raw" the cursor ends up in front of 0xFF001

if the line is followed up by something of this sort:

set the text of the selectedText to  "XXX"

the cursor ends up at the end of the line, after the triple Xs . . .

However: if I do this instead

select after fld "fRESULT" (that's the name of the text entry field) the
cursor ends up in front of the 0xFF001
character . . . and, what is more does not allow me to move the cursor
in anyway whatsoever after
the 0xFF001 character.

Richmond.