Security in 2017 (was "OK, the list *really* needs to be fixed")

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jan 3 16:29:40 EST 2017

Rick Harrison wrote:

 > Hi Richard,
 >
 > Remember that if just one bit/blob on your encrypted hard
 > drive becomes unreadable, then you could lose
 > everything on that drive.  That makes redundant
 > backups over time even more important!

That was why I've been putting it off for so long.  But so far I've had
such good luck with the encrypted volumes I've been using, and have such
redundancy to my backups (I live in an earthquake-prone area), that for
me it's the right time to consider the change.

 > Have a great secure NewYear!

Thanks.  And a safe and happy one for you as well.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems