FTP file upload with non-ascii characters in filename

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Feb 28 10:59:51 EST 2017

> Am 28.02.2017 um 16:36 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>>:
>
> Is the need because the files already exist, or is it because you cannot control the source of the files? If possible, the files should probably be renamed on the other end to make them "compatible" with all file systems. If not, then maybe urlEncode/urlDecode or the ISO functions may work for you.

Thanks Bob. That´s what i am doing right now.

As i cannot guarantee that my customer won´t use such filenames, i will implement a function that removes and replaces all characters that are non-ascii.

Although, i am wondering how ftp clients like transmit are able to handle such non-ascii characters. Anyway.

Regards,

Matthias