FTP file upload with non-ascii characters in filename

Simon Knight smk at anvic.net
Tue Feb 28 04:59:01 EST 2017

Hi

First I am not sure why your code replaces spaces with underscores in tFile.

Next I have an application that displays lists of filenames in a folder.  The user clicks on a filename and it is displayed in a browser object on the card.  In order to get this to work I had to convert the displayed and selected file name to one that the OS actually uses at a lower level by using these lines of code:

put GetSourcefolder() & "/" & tFilename into tMyFilePath

replace " " with "%20" in tMyFilePath

replace "|" with "%7C" in tMyFilePath

I make no claims that the problem is restricted to these two characters but this might be a starting point.  Also different OS’s have different rules on the characters used in file names, so you need to account for the OS the server is running and google for character substitutions used in file names.

Skids