Script Editor fixable? (was: Configuring a Sublime Text project to notify LiveCode IDE about updates to script only stacks)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Feb 26 16:06:13 EST 2017

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

 > More commonly, until and unless livecode can save such that such
 > standard tools or comparable can be applied, multi-person development
 > will remain a fantasy and/or novelty.

And yet here we are, using an IDE written in LiveCode by a team
comprised of dozens of company and community developers working together
on a single code base.

 > I've come to accept that the next major rewrite of my software is
 > going to have to be in something else (Swift?) so that I can add
 > developers, as well as the inability to actually put a pdf or eps
 > on a card (just a bitmap of it won't do); livecode just doesn't
 > seem to me doing towards such a direction.

The Business Edition has already gone that direction:
https://livecode.com/products/livecode-platform/pdf-viewer/

Probably at least an order of magnitude cheaper to upgrade to Business
than to rewrite the whole thing in Swift from scratch.  And with LC you
get a cross-platform solution, while even if you did find a GUI
framework for Swift for Windows you'd likely be writing a lot of forked
code for each platform.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems