The selectedText for controls without focus

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Feb 24 13:27:39 EST 2017

Yes I did. It returns empty. I have a menu which intercepts the Copy menu selection. I hilite the text in a field whose traversalOn is false, then select Copy from the menu. In the menu handler I have "put the selectedText". I also tried "hilitedText". Neither work. I also tried the hilitedText of field "fldIPAddress". No bueno. If however you SET the hilitedText from a handler, it DOES return something. So it's clear that the property CAN be set even if traversalOn is false. The engine is just not doing it.

This has actually been the case since version 2 when I began using Revolution.

Bob S