The selectedText for controls without focus

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 12:36:07 EST 2017

One last thing. On windows, with traversalon and locktext to true, text is
selectable, but as expected there is no insertion point.  The only way I
can make a selection with traversalon = false is to double click a word.

This is the opposite of just setting the locktext to true, one can drag and
select, but multi clicks don't select. getting the selectedtext of field
"whatever" does indeed work. (and you could turn off the focusborder too)

My guess is that despite the hilite that appears when traversal is off, the
text isn't actually selected.  To test this, I had a button set the
selection, made sure that traversal was off, then put the selectedtext of
the field, and it worked as expected.

So, I'd call it a bug. Either a) one shouldn't be able to faux select in
that mode, or b) it should be an actual real selection which it obviously
is not.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <