[ANN] Release 9.0.0 DP-5

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Thu Feb 23 16:35:42 EST 2017

I'm behind here in the overview:

Why even continue in 8.*   ?

What issues are there with 9.* that would make it advisable not to try it for production?

BR

On 2/23/17, 10:41 AM, "use-livecode on behalf of panagiotis merakos via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

    Dear list members,

    We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-5.

    Developer Preview Release
    =========================
    Warning: this is not a stable release.  Please ensure that you back up your
    stacks before testing them.

    Getting the Release
    ===================
    You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
    the automatic updater.

    Release Contents
    ================
    LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-5 contains exciting new features, bug fixes, stability
    and security improvements.

    In total, 21 bugs have been fixed since the last development preview
    release (LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-4).

    Moreover, 36 additional bugs that have been fixed for 8.1.4 RC-1 (which is
    not released yet), are included in LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-5.

    LiveCode 9.0.0 DP-5 contains, among others, the following exciting new
    features:

    - Implementation of NFC tag reading on Android (Community, Indy and
    Business):
    New functions/commands/messages to read data from NFC tags.

    - Implementation of a script library for common MIME functions (Community,
    Indy and Business):
    A new Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) library has been
    implemented to provide support for common data formats such as multipart
    email message bodies.

    - Implementation of a remote debugger (Business only):
    Run a standalone for the local platform from the IDE and debug it whilst it
    runs locally
    Run a standalone for iOS or Android from the IDE and debug it whilst it
    runs on a directly connected Android or iOS device

    - Implementation of a script profiler (Business only):
    Use the new script profiler to identify the most costly lines of code in a
    stack.

    The full release notes are available from:

    http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/9_0_0/LiveCodeNotes-9_0_0_dp_5.pdf

    Feedback
    ========
    Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
    http://quality.livecode.com/

    We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
    http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

    Have fun!

    The LiveCode Team