Script Editor fixable? (was: Configuring a Sublime Text project to notify LiveCode IDE about updates to script only stacks)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Feb 22 10:57:21 EST 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> It's always exciting to see new ground explored with inter-app
> communications, but with script editors I find myself wondering:
>
> Why not use LC's?
>
> If it's not on par with alternatives and for some reason can't be made to
> be on par, why don't we just ship LC with an appropriately-licensed editor,
> allow hooks like the ones discussed here for any other editor folks might
> want, and spend the development time we used to spend on LC's editor on
> other things?

Richard,

Like Roger I think both solutions are useful depending on user preference.
I would guess that a large number of LiveCode users are happy with the
current editor. Iterating on the one that ships with LC is probably in the
best interest for those users. Keeping everything within LC is definitely a
smoother new user experience.

Personally I don’t expect the LC team to create a script editor that meets
all of my needs. They don’t have enough resources to create an editor that
matches a product like Sublime Text. Sublime Text is an app dedicated
entirely to editing. There are thousands of people contributing tools to
Sublime Text. In addition to the general feature, there is the added bonus
that I can work on my company apps that are created using Ruby on Rails,
Ember, Salesforce, etc. For me using the same editor for all projects is a
big productivity boost.

--
Trevor DeVore
Outcome & ScreenSteps