Touch interpretation?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 20 15:31:29 EST 2017

On 2/20/17 1:00 PM, Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode wrote:
> So I've started coding simple heuristics for when a touch sequence is a
> tap, a swipe, or a drag; and the next step is to consider when it is
> actually a two-finger gesture.
>
> But obviously the community has been there way before me. Are there any
> shared libraries developed to implement this? Or at least commonly
> agreed good heuristics?

Search the LC Lessons. I found a swipe example here:
<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/29603-creating-a-simple-stock-control-application-for-the-ipad>

but I remember some other lessons that also worked with both swipe and
taps. Basically, if it isn't a swipe, you implement the tap behavior.
There are also some lessons on 2-finger swipes in there somewhere. A
couple that showed up in a search for "2 finger":

<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/11493-how-do-i-use-multi-touch-to-move-more-than-one-object>

<http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/11509-how-do-i-implement-a-multi-touch-pinch-motion>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com