Windows and OSX 64-bit builds?

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Sat Feb 11 04:12:38 EST 2017

This is a well known visual phenomena:
When I'm tired I also switch sometimes 'in between reading'
the temporarily memorized decimal point from the beginning to
the end of a three-digit-block (did it recently in the forum).

It mostly works for me (if not 'computing') to force myself
to obey the rule, for the decimal prefixes, starting from Byte:

Kilobytes = 10^3  Bytes => cut most right three
MegaBytes = 10^6  Bytes => cut most right 6 (another three)
GigaBytes = 10^9  Bytes => cut most right 9 (another three)
TeraBytes = 10^12 Bytes => cut most right 12 (another three)

As Phil hints, to use number words may be misleading here because
'billion' has different meanings in Europe (1 billion = 10^12) and
in the USA (1 billion = 10^9).