"Deleting" Stacks in Memory - What About Behaviors?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Feb 10 11:43:00 EST 2017

When we delete a main stack, the main stack and all its substacks are removed from memory.

But if we delete a stack that has behaviors set from external *_behavior.livecodescript  stacks for controls in the "main" (parent?) stack, those behaviors are still in memory.

Does it make sense to file an enhancement request, to at least allow the dev to set a preference

__ Delete behavior stacks from memory when stack using them are deleted [YES/NO]

This is in line with trying to manage memory usage on small devices.

Yes, someone will no doubt respond "but they are so small why are you worried?"

But small android phone with limited RAM, really do need help keeping the heap as low as possible.  I am just looking for all possible means to clear ram, then set a "policy" in app to do all possible house keeping along the way: set images to empty, delete stacks not in use are the main two "tricks" we need to have that are obvious;

But that leaves libraries and behaviors that are not in use. So if we *could* clean them up… why not do it.  Some times 200K means the diff between running and crashing on these "weak" devices.

Obviouslyl if one is using Libraries with Start Using, the intent is probably that these are serving as globally accessible handlers. But this is not the case with behaviors attached to controls in a stack that may be deleted. So does it not make sense they are treated the same way as sub-stacks when their "parent" stack is deleted?

Before filing an enhancement request I want to check here with everyone. What do you think?

BR